Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer CHA Conference - Tim Holtz Workshop


I just got back from my Vegas Trip where I attended the CHA Create-n-Connect Conference  and Trade Show.  One of the things I was most looking forward to was taking Tim Holtz's Distressed Holiday Cards workshop!



We of course used lots of Distress Markers, Ink, Stains and Paints.  We also got to use one of Tim's new stencils!  Here I used the stencil with white Distress Paint to create the background for one of the cards we made:


I love that Tim created the stencils in a tag shape, pre-punched so you can store them on a binder ring, genius!  I wish I had taken more photos of the processes, but I needed to keep up with the class!  I will blog later about the techniques we used later!  Here are my finished cards:


I love the red and white paper twine we used on the left card.  The bow holds its shape so well, this will be coming to the shop soon!  This card tag was made by Mario Rossi III and his wife Sara, they made one for everyone in the workshop, over 100!


If you're familiar with Tim's Blueprint stamps, Mario Rossi III is the designer.  We were lucky to get to take a set home! 


More CHA blogposts to come over the next few days!










No comments:

Post a Comment