Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My First Bento Box!

In all my hours and hours of searching for things to do in Tokyo and Taipei, I came across a lot of things Bento related.  There's a lot of blogs all about kawaii (cute) kid bentos.  And with E starting school in a few months, I thought it would be neat to send her to school with a cute bento box every now and then...and I already did some shopping :D  While she was out on a bike ride with dad today, I put a quick one together for her lunch, my first time making one!  I bought a Hello Kitty bento kit so it made it pretty easy.  It came with rice molds, nori punchers and a template.  For Hello Kitty and her friends, I used sticky rice, nori (seaweed), turkey and salami.  Then I just added some strawberries and edamame in the box.  She was so excited to see this box on the table when she got back!  Needless to say, I'm sure I'll be coming back from my trip with lots of bento tools!


No comments:

Post a Comment