Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Thanksgiving Treat

I can only imagine how tough having Celiac must be, especially for a little kid.  One of our nephews has it, and it's a little saddening to watch all the kids grab a snack or dessert that he can't have.  I was so happy to have found The Realist Mermaid recently who makes gluten free treats!  I bought some yummy chocolate grahams and vanilla bean marshmallows for the kids to share.  I decided to make each their own little box.



The treat boxes were quick and easy to make.  I just used a Mini Gable Box, a few solid washi tapes, a mini circle punch, letter rubber stamps and an ink pad.  I stamped each name on the washi tape, and wrapped the tape around the box.  I then used a circle punch to punch out washi tape circles.  I found the easiest way to do this was to place the tape on a piece of cardstock, then punch out the circles.  Since the washi tape is repositionable. it was easy to remove the circles from the cardstock.  Then I randomly placed the circles around the box.  A quick and easy little treat box!  I of course had to sneak a few marshmallows and chocolate grahams while I was doing this and they are so yummy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment